Satnav users: Please note that using this postcode in a Satnav takes you to Sheephatch Farm instead of Herons Wey so please follow the instructions below to avoid taking the wrong route and disturbing the neighbours.
Arriving from the A3
- Take the exit towards Petworth/Haslemere/A286/B3001/Milford/Elstead/A2832
- Follow the B3001 to Elstead and continue through the village over the River Wey.
- Continue along the B3001 past Elstead Mill and the Donkey pub on your left.
- Take the 3rd road on your left beyond the Donkey; Tilford Street.
- Turn right into Sheephatch Lane which is a narrow and winding lane.
- Continue past the barn on your left, DO NOT TAKE the track by the barn, stay on Sheephatch Lane and carry on down the hill through the wooded cutting.
- At the bottom of the cutting on the right hand side is a narrow lane which leads to Herons Wey. This lane is immediately before Tilford Cottage.
- Please note that if you cross the bridge you have gone too far.
Arriving from Farnham
- Follow directions to Farnham Station and continue up Station Hill with the Station on your right.
- After crossing over the level crossing, bear right onto Tilford Road,
- Cross over the traffic lights at Great Austins, continue along this road for approximately 2.5 miles
- Turn left into Sheephatch Lane which is a single track lane.
- Continue over the small narrow river bridge (with sign ‘Weak Bridge’), pass the house on the left (Tilford Mill Cottage) and, just before the cutting, turn left into the narrow lane which runs down the side of the cottage. This leads to Herons Wey.
Muddy Bugs Forest School is located within Herons Wey campsite. Once you have entered through the gates, drive along the track to the second car park which is on the right and labelled Leaders Car park. We will meet you there.
Please observe the 10mph speed limit on site. This is to reduce erosion, dust storms and damage to vehicles.